The world becomes a global consumer society, which unfortunately are less take care of nature and natural resources. Mankind applies without respect for nature, destroying the future of future generations. In the last 100 years water consumption has increased eight times. World statistics show frightening numbers.
Water is essential in the processes of production. Do you know how much water is consumed annually to produce certain products?
- For the production of one piece of A4-paper 10 litres of water is used.
- Production processes of alcoholic drinks and beverages use a lot of water. For production of glass of beer is used 75 litres of water, for glass of wine is used about 120 litres and for cup of coffee 140 litres. If you choose to drink orange juice than you should know that for growing a single orange is used about 50 litres of water and for production of 1 litre juice is used 1200 litres of water.
- During production of a loaf of bread is used 150 gallons water.
- During the growing of a 1 kg of potatoes is used 500 litres water and for production of 1 kg rice is used 1900 litres of water.
- If you want to eat chicken you should know that during the growing of a chicken is used 1500 litres water, production of 1 kg chicken meat needs 3500 litres water and for production of an egg is used 500 litres water.
- A dairy cow must drink 15 litres water to produce one gallon (3.78 litres) of milk. If you eat beef than be aware that 10000 litres of water are used for it production and if you choose hamburger amount of used water is 2400 litres.
- It takes around 6800 litres of water to grow enough cotton to produce just one pair of regular ol’ blue jeans. Not as bad as jeans, it still takes a whopping 1500 gallons of water to grow the cotton required for an ordinary cotton shirt. Production of a pair of jeans uses 8000 liters water and production of one t-shirt uses 2700 liters.
- Аbout 95 litres of water is used to manufacture a plastic bottle and about 40 litres for aluminum can.
- To produce one ton of steel 237000 litres of water are used.
- It takes an estimated 148000 litres of water to make a car. It’s unclear if that includes the more 7600 litres used to make its tires.